The Hotchkiss School - Planned Giving
We are very pleased that you are interested in supporting The Hotchkiss School. Your generosity will help us meet our current goals and reach further in the future.
For our part, we encourage you to plan your gift thoughtfully. Now is the time, and this website is the place, to consider how your gift can benefit you as well as us.
Your gift can take multiple forms and can help you address a variety of personal financial goals. We are ready to work with you and your advisors to craft the gift plan that best meets your goals and objectives. But first, use the following guide to help you weigh your options.
Did you know that...
- You don't have to use cash to make your gift? Donate appreciated securities instead. The deduction is the same as for a cash gift, and you pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can give an asset that may help us more than it's helping you? Such as a life insurance policy whose coverage your family no longer needs, or real estate like a second home or a parcel of undeveloped land, or even a collection of books or artwork that you no longer have room to display.
- You can make a gift that costs you nothing during your lifetime? Name The Hotchkiss School as a beneficiary of your will or revocable trust, or of your retirement plan.
- You can make the Hotchkiss School a partner in your giving? You can deed us your home but continue to live there or you can sell us property at a charitable discount.
- You can earn income on certain gifts? You can establish a charitable trust that pays you income during your lifetime and eventually benefits Hotchkiss.
On this website, you will find information on the ways and benefits of giving wisely as well as examples and stories about others who have supported the School through their estate plans. Use the menu at the left to explore your options and to contact us.